National Experimental Skill Test (NEST) 2014
Resource Material (Text/Video/PPT)
- Screening and Prelim Questions with Answers and Video Links: pdf
- Video Playlist Link on Youtube is here
- Screening Test Presentation: pdf
- School level
- National winner: A Shanmukkh from ViBha-IAPT Anveshika Hyderabad
- 1st runners up: Anant from Raman-IAPT Anveshika, Agra
- 2nd runners up: Samrth from BVN-IAPT Anveshika, Delhi
- College Level
- National winner: Ruchi from Patna-IAPT Anveshika
- 1st runners up: Charandeep from SGGS-IAPT Anveshika, Chandigarh
- 2nd runners up: Tripti from BVN-IAPT Anveshika, Delhi
Prelim Test Results
Following Students are Cleared for Semi-Finals:
- A Shanmukh, Class 12, St Patrick's Junior College
- K S Lakshmi, BSc, St Francis College for Women
The Anveshika Level Awardees
- School Level (9th to 12th Std)
- First Prize: A Shanmukh, Class 12, St Patrick's Junior College
- Second Prize: H Bhardwaj, Class 12, DPS Nacharam
- Third Prize: Shared Among
- T Tarun Reddy, Class XII, HPS
- Pranjal Pathak, Class XII DPS
- Sai Arvind, Class XI, Vision 40
- Special Mention: P Rohit, B Pranay Mander Gupta, Sagar Gupta, Arjun Ramesh, Kshitij Athavale, B Veerendra Harshal, T Kumar Kaushik, S Rakshita and VV Roshan did really well in the Prelims.
- College Level (B Sc/ MSc)
- First Prize: K S Lakshmi, St Francis College for Women
- Second Prize: Upasana Sahu, BSc, UoH
- Third Prize: Shared Between
- Soma Navya, St Francis College for Women
- K Sai Swetha, St Francis College for Women
Screening Test Results
Following students are cleared for preliminary test to be conducted from from 2:30PM to 5:30PM on 9th Aug at Science Block (1st Floor), Women College, Koti, Hyderabad. The students are advised to carry Pen, Examination Pad, and School Identity Card and reach the venue 15 min before start of the Test. The students will be given a set of four (4) experiment to be completed within stipulated time. The details of experiments will be provided during test. The invigilators will note the performance during experiments.
- School Level (Class 9 to 12}:
- A Shanmukh, Class 12, St Patrick's Junior College
- H Bhardwaj, Class 12, DPS Nacharam
- T Kumar Kaushik, Class 12, St Patrick's Junior College
- T Tarun Reddy, Class 12, Hyderabad Public School
- P Rohit, Class 12, Johnson Grammer School
- K Kanishk Reddy, Class 12, Vision 40
- Sagar Gupta, Class 12, St Patrick Junior College
- Pranjal Pathak, Class 12, Delhi Public School
- Sai Arvind, Class 11, Vision 40
- Kocherla Pravar, Class 11, Sri Aurvindo International School
- Bhanu Sahu, Class 11, Vijay Ratna Jr College
- B Pranay Mandar Gupta, Class 10, FIITJEE World School
- Arjun Ramesh, Class 10, FIITJEE World School Dislsukhnagar
- VV Roshan, Class 10, Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan
- S Rakshita, Class 10, Sri Aurbindo International School
- V Venkat Anoop, FIITJEE World School Dilsukhnagar
- B Veerendra Harshal, FIITJEE World School Dilsukhnagar
- Chandra Shekhar, FIITJEE World School Dilsukhnagar
- Sachin Mishra, Class 9, Tejasvi Vidyaranya
- Kshitij Athavale, Class 9, SIlver Oak School
- College Level (BSc/MSc):
- KS Lakshmi, BSc, St Francis College for Women
- Gitika Mall, BSc, St Francis College for Women
- K V Sai Swetha, BSc, St Francis College for Women
- P Anusha, BSc, Annie Besant Women College
- B Uma, BSc, Annie Besant Women College
- O Sudha Rani, BSc, RBVR Reddy College
- U Sri Priya, BSc, St Francis College for Women
- M Saranya, BSc, Annie Besant Women College
- Sheeba Tasneem, BSc, RBVRR Women College
- Pooja Agarwal, Jagruti Degree College
- AGGS Suhardhika, BSc, OUCW
- Pooja Bajaj, BSc, OUCW
- GLN Bhavana, BSc, OUCW
- Ch Priyanka, BSc, OUCW
- K Hari Priya Goud, OUCW
- Syeda Noor Jahan Mubeen, OUCW
- C Sreeteja, OUCW
- Soma Navya, St Francis College for women
- K Sushma, RBVRR Women College
- Upasana Sahu, BSc, UoH
SCREENING Test Venue and Timing
The NEST Screening Test will be held from 2:00PM to 5:00PM on 2nd Aug 2014(Sat) at ECE Auditorium, University College of Engineering, Osmania University, Hyderabad.
The test will be semi-interactive in nature. The students will be shown a live demo/video clip of an experiment/concept and question will be asked on that. The student need to write the answer in answer sheet provided by organizer (students are requested to bring examination pad and pen). There will be 10-12 demo/video clip like this. The students will be given sufficient time to think, analyse and write after each demo/video. The test is meant to check students understanding and conceptual clarity. We do not recommend any type of preparation for the NEST as it is meant to check natural abilities/skills of the student.
The test will be in both English and Telugu. We will try our best to provide friendly and encouraging environment so that student can deliver his/her best.
The objective of NEST is to identify best students through a healthy, encouraging and enjoyable competition. The registrations are open till 31st July. You may recommend your colleagues/friends for their benefit.
How to Reach: The student need to get down at Bus Stop of College of Engineering. See google map here.
Some of the route maps to reach the workshop venue are:
Nampally Stn→Himayat Nagar→Vidyanagar→Osm. Univ.→ECE Auditorium, Univ. Engg. College (Bus Route: 136).
Secunderabad Stn→Taranaka→Osm. Univ.→Arts College→Ladies Hostel→ECE Auditorium, Univ. Engg. College (Bus Route: 107T, 107J/T, 3ss).
Kachiguda Stn→Barkatpura→Vidyanagar→Osm. Univ.→ECE Auditorium, Univ. Engg. College (Bus Route: 3s, 3ss).
Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station→Koti or Kachiguda→Barkatpura→Vidyanagar →Osm. Univ.→ECE Auditorium, Univ. Engg. College (Bus Route: All 3s).
Jubilee Bus Station→Secunderabad→Taranaka→Osm. Univ.→Arts College→Ladies Hostel→ECE Auditorium, Univ. Engg. College (Bus Route: 107J/T, 3ss)
The National Winner of NEST will be invited to the National Convention of IAPT at Sri Guru Gobind Singh College, Chandigarh to receive the Prize in the Prize ceremony. Second and third runner ups will be given prizes at corresponding Anveshikas. Besides this, the three toppers at Prelims will be given prizes at Anveshika.
National Winner Rs 5000/- Rs 3000/- Rs 2000/-
Prelims Winner Rs 1000/- Rs 750/- Rs 500/-
Each institution may nominate a maximum of three students by sending (1) Name, (2) Class, (3) School, (4) Mobile, and (5) Email, to the local organizer on or before 31st July, 2014. There is no registration fee.
NEST in Hyderabad will be organized by Vijnana Bharati (www.vijnanabharati.org), an organization known for promoting scientific attitude with national interest as key motive. The postal addresses of local organizers are (a) Vijnana Bharati, 3rd Floor, Jagruthi Bhavan, Opp-Jain Temple, Kachiguda, Hyderabad (b) ViBha-IAPT Anveshika, 116, Nakshatra Colony, Balapur, Hyderabad-500005. The nomination details i.e., student's (1) Name, (2) Class, (3) School, (4) Mobile, and (5) Email, may be sent to local organizer via Email, Phone, or Post.
The selected candidates will be informed about the test venue via Email/SMS/Phone on or before 31st July, 2014.
- See Also
- National Network-NANI